Are you looking to make a difference? Want to get more involved with the community?
ATG is currently recruiting qualified, enthusiastic, dedicated and experienced leaders to join our 2012 Board of Directors and Committee Chairs!
Here are the current open positions:
1. Is a member of the Board 2. Performs President responsibilities when the President cannot be available. 3. Reports to the Board’s President 4. Works closely with the President and other Board members 5. Participates closely with the President to develop and implement officer transition plans. 6. Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
1. Is a member of the Board 2. Maintains records of the board and ensures effective management of organization’s records 3. Manages minutes of board meetings 4. Ensures minutes are distributed to members shortly after each meeting 5. Is sufficiently familiar with legal documents (articles, by-laws, IRS letters, etc.) to note applicability during meetings. 6. Participates in fund raising for the organization.
1. Is a member of the Board 2. Manages finances of the organization and creates monthly income/expense reports. 3. Administrates fiscal matters of the organization, including audit and tax filing. 4. Provides annual budget to the board for members’ approval. 5. Ensures development and board review of financial policies and procedures. 6. Participates in fundraising for the organization.
Director of Community Outreach
1. Is a member of the Board. 2. Plans programs and presentations that will translate the organization’s mission to the community. 3. Provide organization linkage and partnerships to other organizations and individuals (including volunteers), working with Directors of Marketing/PR in raising awareness of the organization to the community. 4. Oversee scholarship application and review process. 5. Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts. 6. Participates in fundraising for the organization.
Director of Marketing/Public Relations
1. Is a member of the Board. 2. Spearhead campaigns to increase community awareness of organization by means of traditional methods (create printed marketing and promotional materials including postcards, pamphlets, brochures, brag book, display board) and Social Media outlets (update and maintain blogs/website, e-campaign, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube). 3. Write news stories and press releases, acting as key liaison to print and news/media organizations and individuals. 5. Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts. 6. Participates in fundraising for the organization.
Director of Fundraising
1. Is a member of the Board. 2. Strategize and lead year-round fundraising campaigns to search for funds, donations and sponsorships through grants, public solicitation, business partnerships and annual events (including Fashion for a Passion). 3. Is an active participant in the committee’s annual evaluation and planning efforts. 4. Participates in fundraising for the organization.
Events Chair (non Board)
1. Work with President and Director of Fundraising to spearhead organization of Fashion for a Passion, Cocktails for a Cause and any other programming/charity events throughout the year. 2. Research and recruit for designers, artists, musicians. 3. Research and secure venue, vendors and volunteer team. 4. In charge of day of logistics. 5. Proven event planning experience a must.
Social Media Chair (non Board)
1. Work with Marketing/Public Relations and Community Outreach Directors to maintain active and regular presence via Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, website/blog, etc) to increase public awareness and promotion of organization. 2. Increase search engine optimization. 3. Comprehension of all forms of social media a must.
Volunteers Chair (non Board)
1. Assist with recruitment, retention and organization of volunteers for community festivals, outreach and programming events.
Graphic Designer (non Board)
1. Design printed and online marketing collateral, including brochures, display signage, press packets, email campaigns.
Historian (non Board)
1. Photographer/videographer to document ATG’s on-going activities. 2. Create scrapbook and year-end video montage.
Street Team (non Board)
1. Assist with Marketing/PR team to help with promotion of organization and fundraising efforts through social media, community outreach and annual charity events. 2. Attend and assist with annual community festivals.
Please fill out and return the 2012 ATG Board Application along with your cover letter and resume to Tammy@thebabylift.com by Friday, December 16th. Board elections will be held end of December and announced before the New Year.
Mark your calendar also for the ATG Board Retreat, a mandatory half day introduction/training that will take place either Saturday, January 7th or Sunday, January 8th.