Through our Scholarship Program, ATG proudly awards Artistic, Grounbreaker Leadership and #LiveLikeLyly scholarships to a select group of amazing Asian American high school seniors, college undergraduate and graduate school students who are shining examples of what it means to Go Against The Grain. Since 2011, we have awarded 20 scholarships. In 2014, we awarded a record ten to deserving students across the country – and look forward to doing the same in 2015!
Last year, we added a new scholarship for aspiring fashion and graphic design students: The #LiveLikeLyly Memorial Scholarship in honor of a special member of the ATG family Lyly Koenig Mendez, an aspiring fashion designer who passed away from cancer this January.
We are excited to announce our 15 artistic, leadership and #LiveLikeLyly scholarship finalists! Scholarship finalists were selected on the combined strength of their GPA, community involvement and leadership, personal essay, portfolio and/or video submission and personal interview, representing the spirit of Against The Grain Productions. Check back here next month to see who are winners are!
- Angeline Young, Tempe, AZ
- Elizabeth Chung-Brown, Santa Rosa, CA
- Evan Harris, Pasadena, CA
- Karen Jiang, Birmingham, MI
- Katherine Del Rosario, Tempe, AZ
- Lauren Suh, Los Angeles, CA
- Milly Cai, Fort Wayne, IN
- Rialin Jose, Chicago, IL
- Shine Wu, Columbus, OH
- Sophie Chien, Charlotte, NC
- Suttinee Hannah Sansavath, Bonham, TX
- Trilina Mai, Cypress, CA
- Lauren Padilla, Longmeadow, MA
- Sarah Thong, Fresno, CA
- Tiffany Piko, Lancaster, OH