Application Deadline: Monday, May 7, 2018
Winner Announcement: August 2018
DONATE TO ATG
The Lily Pabilona Emerging Entrepreneur Scholarship recognizes Asian American high school, graduate and post-graduate students pursuing a career in entrepreneurship. This scholarship, started in 2016 and generously funded by entrepreneurs Grace and Ranier Pabilona, will provide two $5,000 awards for U.S. students attending accredited American universities. Read more about the Pabilonas and the story behind this scholarship.
Awards: (2) $5,000 awards to be applied toward school tuition and fees
General Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be of at least 50% Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity
- Must be a citizen, national or legal permanent resident of the U.S.
- Must be either a high school senior or a college student currently enrolled full-time at an accredited U.S. vocational, junior college, or four-year college/university and must be a full- time, degree seeking student by the upcoming academic calendar year
- Scholarship is open to students of all majors
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities through participation in community service, extracurricular, or other activities
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (unweighted)
- Family members of Board members are ineligible
Selection Criteria: Selection is based on a rating system judged in five major categories. The candidate with the highest combined cumulative points will receive the scholarship. These categories are:
- Quality of content submission (essay)
- Academic performance
- Leadership/community service experience and contribution
- Letters of recommendation
- Phone/in-person committee interview
Disbursement: Funds will be disbursed directly to the educational institution in the student’s name.