Thanks to your support, 2014 was another year for the record books at ATG!
This year, we made a strong start with our #beCAUSE campaign, inspiring others to consider that philanthropic thought, action and giving should and could be small or large and something we should do everyday. Throughout the year, we also partnered with our generous sponsors to creatively raise money for our various causes and to provide programming/outreach that educates and brings awareness to Asian American culture and arts:
- 3rd Annual Groundbreakers Speak: A Conversation with Asian American Mover and Shakers - In partnership with the Crow Collection of Asian Art, featured our first ever all-female panel of game changers.
- 6th Annual Fashion for a Passion - Showcased an incredibly talented group of Asian American designers, artists and performers to a record audience of 450 guests and raised more than $35,000, the most raised yet.
- Dine for a Cause and Shopping Partners - Worked with various restaurants and retailers who donated up to 25% of sales to ATG during specific events or all year round.
In total, we raised more than $50,000 in 2014, 100% of which will go towards our giving budget for 2015! In 2014, we made the largest contributions to-date for the causes we support:
- Supported Orphanages in Asia - Gave nearly $20,000 to orphanages in Vietnam and Cambodia, with more than $5,000 in additional funds earmarked for The Philippines and Thailand in 2015.
- Artistic and Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarships - Awarded an unprecedented ten scholarships to talented high school seniors, undergraduate and graduate students.
- Culture/Heritage Camp Scholarships - Provided $1,000 in camp scholarships to ten young adoptees to attend culture/heritage camps across the country.
Our goals for 2015 are simple – to live out our #beCAUSE campaign through strong and inspiring programming in collaboration with our community partners, expand our orphanage aid, grow our scholarship program and continue outreach where we can affect real and lasting change.
We thank you so much again for your support, for believing in us and for allowing us to make a meaningful difference and encourage you to continue to be an active participant in our mission to achieve “One Voice. Many Stories."
- Orphanage Update: Vietnam
- Apply Now: 2015 ATG Artistic/Groundbreaker Leadership Scholarships
- Going Against The Grain: Quan Phung
- In Memoriam: Lyly Koenig Mendez, Operation Babylift Adoptee
- February Sales of Operation Babylift to Support Adoptee DC Wolfe
- More recent items »